Home improvement retailer Lowe's has teamed with the Boy Scouts of America to provide the Lowe's National Eagle Scout Project Impact grant for candidates working on their Eagle Scout project.
About the Grant
A generous contribution from the Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation has made it possible for local councils to present selected Eagle Scout candidates with a $100 prepaid gift card to be used toward their service projects.
Life Scouts who are planning a construction-based project may apply.
Local councils will be notified of their allotment of awards, which will be figured based on a percentage of each council's three-year average for Eagle Scout Awards earned.
The council or district Eagle project review board will determine which projects qualify for a Lowe's grant. The local council will distribute its allotment of the $100 prepaid gift cards to recipients. Cards must be used to purchase building materials and equipment for the Eagle candidate's service project. The gift card may be used at any Lowe's location or any place that it is accepted.
To qualify for a Lowe's National Eagle Scout Project Impact grant, the individual must
- Be a registered Life Scout.
- Have an approved Eagle Scout Project. Only projects that have all the appropriate approvals will be considered.
- Complete and submit the Lowe's grant application . Applications can be faxed to 859-252-3785, emailed to AnnaMarie.Jackowski@scouting.org or mailed to:
Blue Grass Council
C/O Anna Marie Jackowski
3445 Richmond Road
Lexington, KY 40509.
- Be sure the Eagle Scout service project has all approvals before the work begins.
- Use the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook to document the results of the service project. Make photographs and all documentation available to the BSA for sharing with Lowe's.
Things You Should Know
- If you plan to spend your gift card at a Lowe's location, you should consider speaking with the local store manager when you arrive. This will help Lowe's track how well the program is being received.
- Document your project with "before" and "after" photographs. Be sure photographs show how the materials and equipment purchased with the gift card were used for your service project.
Our Thanks to Lowe's
The Boy Scouts of America thanks the Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation for its generous support of Scouting across the country. Through this unique program, thousands of Life Scouts who are hard at work on their Eagle Scout service project will benefit from the contribution. Communities and organizations will benefit, too.
Q Do I have to use the card at Lowe's?
A This is a Discover Card you may use ANYWHERE DIscover is accepted for support of the Eagle project.
Q How many can a youth receive?
A One grant per youth can be awarded.
Q What is I don't use the entire $100 on the cards?
A It's required that the full $100 be spent towards the project costs.
Q. What do I do if the card was lost or stolen?
A. There are only a limited number of cards and they are all allocated to Scouts across the nation. There are no replacement cards available.
Q. What does a Scout have to turn in once the Eagle project is finished? Q. Where do I send my Lowe's grant application . to?
A. Submit a copy of the completed Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook with receipts totaling at least $100 and three to five colored pictures to the council before December, 31, 2012. Scouts must turn in all their receipts at ONE time.
A. Applications can be faxed to 859-252-3785, emailed to AnnaMarie.Jackowski@scouting.org or mailed to: Blue Grass Council, C/O Anna Marie Jackowski 3445 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40509